1) I totally fainted at the doctor’s office yesterday. I went in for a routine check up when, suddenly, they decided to draw blood. I ran early in the morning and didn’t eat much before the appointment, mistakes #1 and #2. I’d never had my blood drawn before, so I was surprised when they did it this time. Needless to say, I was dismissed by the nurse and headed into the lobby when I started to feel super dizzy. It was almost like I was riiiiiidiculously drunk and couldn’t get my bearings. I walked over to the water fountain to fill up a cup and sat down next to some dude on an ottoman. The next thing I knew I woke up in a sweat, not able to feel my arms or legs, with four doctors huddled around me.
I’m not sure how long I was out for, but I was totally confused when I woke up. Apparently, I turned ghostly white and passed out onto the lap of the dude next to me. Embarrasssssssing. It took me a minute to figure out what had happened, and a nurse was already on her way with some apple juice to get my blood sugar levels up. I immediately felt better after that, but they made me stick around for another 30 minutes and checked my vitals twice before letting me go. I had never fainted before, and let me tell you, I wouldn’t want to do it again…holy crap.
2) Wednesday night was the official start of FOOTBALL SEASON. Which, in my opinion, is the second best season of the year only slightly nudged out by that whole holiday season thing. It pretty much means that every Saturday and Sunday I will be attending or glued to my couch watching games all day. This year, I’ve joined not one, but TWO fantasy football leagues. I’m hoping to avenge my abysmal 2-11 record from last year.
I swear, I’m not a boy. I just like sports.
3) I don’t drink coffee all that often, and when I do I usually get a caffeine rush that gets my heart beating faster than the time I went skydiving. But I saw Wednesday’s Livingsocial deal for Starbucks and I couldn’t pass it up. Apparently pumpkin spice lattes are back for fall along with…salted caramel mochas? To my dear co-workers, I’m sorry in advance for I cannot be controlled with caffeine in my system.
4) I’ve realized recently that I’m so apathetic when it comes to politics. Like, I will inform myself enough to make an intelligent, educated voting decision come November, but all this extra bullshit? Not interested. My politically charged friends get so riled up about [it seems like] everything and I sort of wish that I could block anything on facebook that has to deal with politics from now until election day. Maybe it’s just me, but I seriously don’t care about your opinion on everything from birth control to which flavor of gum is best.
Why can’t we all just get along?
5) It was a short week and I loved it. On Tuesday I tweeted something about it being Monday. I promptly deleted it 3 hours later when I realized it was not actually Monday. Now, it feels like Thursday, but is actually Friday. Does it get better than that? I guess it does since I’m going back to my alma matar tomorrow for a football game. Bring on the weekend!!